June 7, 2013

Project Sketching & Perspective Practice

One of the things I love when looking at another artist's work is the sketches of the idea or project to come.  I almost wish every art work could be displayed with its "baby photos" by the side so you can see its origins.  Of course not everyone works this way.  Some people just dive right in which I used to do when I first started drawing.  Recently I've been fascinated with all those preliminary sketches done with perspective, when the technique was first explored in the Renaissance from about the 1400s on.  Here is my sketch of a project I started a while back (it is currently in the "awkward teen-age" stage).



Progression.....




More done.  Not happy with the colors thus far, will come back to it.....



No comments:

Post a Comment